What you can expect from us when we service your piano:
- A thorough piano tuning
- A multi-point inspection
- A quick cleaning (grands only)
- An optional follow up PDF printout
- The flexibility to pay by cash, check or credit
These aren't the only reasons why people choose us, we also help with purchasing new and pre-owned pianos, benches, repairs, rentals, moving and more. Call us today to schedule your piano tuning appointment!
Piano Life Saver System by Dampp Chaser
Crockett Piano recommends installing the Piano Life Saver System to extend the life of the piano and further stabilize the tuning. This works by controlling the relative humidity of the piano year-round. Pianos that have a home in the midwest are subject to extreme humidity fluctuations throughout the year and benefit tremendously from the Piano Life Saver System. Call us today to find out more and schedule your Piano Life Saver System installation!
Listen to a live in-store performance on this Steinway & Sons grand piano!
From Steinway grand pianos to Kimball console pianos and everything in between, we can help you find the right piano! We specialize in certified pre-owned pianos that include our 5-year parts and labor warranty. You don't have to worry when you buy from us, all of our certified pre-owned pianos go through a multi-point inspection and are cleaned and detailed to look and sound as good as new. Call today for the latest information on our inventory!
5 Tips When Buying A Craigslist Piano
- Find out when the piano was last tuned, if it's been much more than a year, count on spending more money for additional tuning.
- Play all 88 keys, if several notes are getting stuck this usually means the piano will need more work beyond tuning.
- Open the lid of the piano and look inside for rusty or missing strings. Replacing a few strings isn't a big deal, but much more than that and you're talking several hundred dollars (or more) to replace them.
- Check for evidence that mice have lived inside the piano. Some Craigslist pianos even have dead mice still inside! You do not want this health hazard in your home.
- Have a qualified piano technician come and inspect the piano before you make your final decision. They will be able to determine how much work needs to be done to the piano. Sometimes the total cost of ownership of a Craigslist piano is greater than buying a certified used piano from a local dealer.
The gallery above is a sample of some of the pianos we service in the Chicagoland area. We are proud to service all brands and types of pianos in Chicago, the suburbs, and northwest Indiana. If you have a piano you are interested in having serviced, call Crockett Piano today at 312-785-9393!
Fill out the form below to request a service appointment!
piano tuning Chicago, piano tuner Chicago, piano tuner Oak Park, piano tuning Oak Park,